Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
MOLD. Just say the word and you might see the panic set in on some people's faces. Our team at SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville recognizes the challenge that mold brings to homeowners and business owners and that's why we use a multi-faceted approach to mitigating mold. We begin by addressing the problem that caused the mold--if we don't address the cause, the problem will be persistent. After the problem is corrected we contain the area to keep the mold localized and we begin to process the air with our specialized equipment like air scrubbers with HEPA filters and vacuums with HEPA filters to remove any airborne mold spores. We also begin the removal of affected materials and aggressive cleaning of material that cannot be removed. Once we have removed the affected material and cleaned the remaining structure, we treat the areas with antimicrobial and antifungal products to eliminate mold colonies and to prevent new colonies from forming. Our crew is licensed with the State of Maine to apply these products, having gone through extensive training in order to use them.
There is a process to follow to properly mitigate mold and the crew at SERVPRO of Augusta/Waterville is well-trained in this process. If you see something that looks like mold in your home or business, call the highly trained crew at our locally-owned office at 207-622-7166.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (207) 622-7166
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Augusta / Waterville?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (207) 622-7166
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Augusta / Waterville is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Augusta community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2120 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: